Job Description :
This position has now been filled, don't miss out on the next one. Send us your CV and we will let you know when a suitable job becomes available.
A leading agricultural consultancy and R&D firm in Southeast Asia has an exciting opportunity available for a Vegetable Production Specialist, to be based in Dalat City, Vietnam.
Offering services in both Europe and Southeast Asia, this established company employs a professional international team, supporting clients across the agricultural food sectors with services including sourcing, extension, R&D and supply chain management.
The Vegetable Production Specialist will work within the Crops department and be based in the Dalat region of the central highlands of Vietnam, at the company’s R&D farm which includes 4 greenhouses, NFT system and outdoor production as well.
This is the chance for a suitably qualified and experienced candidate to pioneer optimised production systems in a beautiful and safe area, with a great team, where big breakthroughs in productivity increases can still be made.
The role will be diverse and depend on specific client’s projects, but overall responsibilities will include:
- Managing the R&D farm, developing and testing a wide range of different production technologies to identify value adding technologies, which will increase the productivity and profitability of local vegetable farming systems;
- Assisting clients in commercialising the successfully tested value adding technologies;
- Developing sourcing/production systems for clients, who want to produce or source guaranteed volumes of high quality and food-safe fresh produce;
- Creating training programs and extension systems which lead to the adoption of improved production practices;
- Developing monitoring and feedback systems to track the performance of farmers in the extension program, and use these (quantitative) data to benchmark farmers and improve their farm management to enable production of crops which meet the quality specifications of clients in the sourcing projects;
- Assisting the R&D Crops Director with project acquisition, targeting both private and public sector clients;
- Maintaining and deepening existing relations and further expanding the company’s network within the agricultural sector;
- General project management.
- MSc degree agronomy or horticulture;
- Proven practical experience with modern greenhouse vegetable production systems (at least 5 years);
- Excellence in both verbal and written English communication;
- Experience in implementing, monitoring, analyzing and reporting upon applied R&D trials;
- A pioneering spirit with a dynamic approach befitting a growing company;
- Passion for excellence and results-driven, with the ability to self-manage;
- Enthusiastic to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team with a proven track record of project and team management;
- Good general health (no major chronic conditions);
- A valid passport.
The company offers a competitive Euro-based salary. Benefits will include a phone and transportation allowance, return annual air tickets to home country, food allowance, private health insurance, potential for a 13th cheque and 22 days of annual leave. No housing or housing allowance is provided. The company bears responsibility for the work permit arrangements.