Job Description :
A growing business with operations in Lesotho requires an experienced Senior Production Manager to join their team.
The Senior Production Manager will be expected to manage a state-of-the-art, purpose built, commercial medicinal cannabis cultivation and production facility.
The Senior Production Manager will be expected to manage all the tasks in the growing cycle, including seeding, germination, cloning, transplanting, feeding, defoliation, topping, flushing, preventative sprays, harvesting, drying, trimming and all associated inventory management and tracking as well as management of Assistant Growers and general labour.
More specific tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain strict growing and delivery standards to ensure quality, timeliness and customer satisfaction.
- Refine high yield growing methods for individual strains.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of strains and knowledge of effects of strains and types of medicinal administration with in the industry.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Utilize comprehensive knowledge and experience with Integrated Pest Management, ensuring that all Worker Protection Standards are met and compliance with GAP, GMP and others as applicable.
- Ensure the growing facility is adequately equipped and maintained to meet its needs and demand in terms of raw materials, fertilizers, equipment and other ancillary elements.
- Work with the management team to maintain current inventory records, develop competitive pricing, and keep accurate records within the enterprise management software system.
- Work with the management team to build an annual budget, monitor performance against that budget and make corrections as needed through the year to meet expectations.
- A relevant degree-level tertiary qualification (horticulture/ agriculture);
- At least 5-10 years of practical plant production experience with proven, hands-on experience in a commercial greenhouse or indoor production operation;
- Highly knowledgeable in terms of plant nutrient requirements;
- Excellent working knowledge of container growing systems (soil and hydro) as well as a strong understanding of temperature and humidity manipulation;
- Good foundational knowledge of plant genetics and skilled at various growing techniques;
- Experienced at pest and disease management within in indoor production environment;
- Exposure to organic production and pest control methods a bonus;
- Full computer literacy and good administration skills (record keeping, budgeting, stock control, ordering, establishing schedules/ workflow etc.);
- Recognised leadership ability, organizational skills and ability to communicate at various levels;
- Proven staff management experience;
- Willingness to reside in a remote location and work on a roster basis;
- A valid passport and availability for obtaining police clearance for work permit purposes.