Job Description :
This position has now been filled, don't miss out on the next one. Send us your CV and we will let you know when a suitable job becomes available.
An established and reputable agribusiness has an exciting opportunity available for a Commercial Manager.
Through the relevant role players within the Commercial Team, the Commercial Manager is responsible for developing and implementing procurement, quality assurance, logistics and market strategies to channel fruit from South African or international growers by coordinating and integrating fruit supply and local and export demand.
The incumbent will be responsible for local and export logistics of all procured fruit and distribution of fruit to market (local and export).
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the incumbent will be required to lead and successfully coordinate all activities of the supply chain process including the commercial planning, sourcing, procurement, quality assurance, compliance and distribution of a range of sub-tropical fruit products. While fostering an environment of performance excellence within the process, the Commercial Manager will be required to meet overall business objectives of availability of quality product, forecast accuracy, pricing, supply-demand management, tracking and logistics coordination. The position will be Nelspruit based.
Key focus areas:
- Maximize efficiency within the commercial channel to ensure responsible costs, optimal profitability, market sustainability, marketing strategy and to ensure that the service delivery expectation of all stakeholders is met from grower to customer
- Oversee and manage the integration of Commercial operations of the Fresh Produce division to ensure compliance of growers and management of the growers account to meet customer expectations ensuring that both parties optimally benefit
- Meeting expectations of all stakeholders by coordinating and integrating local and export demand for fruit to grower supply being the conduit of all related functions ensuring achievement of compliance, standards and expectations
- Identify, implement and engage systems & procedures that ensure performance and regulatory compliance through Supply Chain and Logistics operations.
Required will be an innovative mind-set to enable implementation of cutting-edge best practice and continuous awareness of market trends and movements as well as foreign trade financial implications. The role demands exceptional professional communication ability and people-skills along with strong deductive-reasoning and decision-making ability coupled with a high level of conceptual and process thinking.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Agriculture, Supply Chain Management, Commerce/ International Trade or similar.
- Minimum of five years of experience at a management level with well-developed leadership skills in fresh produce supply chain.
- Track record of developing and implementing successful supply chain processes that deliver required business results.
- Strong commercial and supply chain acumen including understanding related business systems, compliance, accreditations, insurance practices, business efficiencies, cost effectiveness and financial records.
- Knowledge of international trade terms and international multimodal transportations.
- Resilient to aggressive competition and continuously changing market dynamics.
- High standard of excellence and attention to detail.
- Ability to:
- Think analytically and problem solve effectively across all areas of the commercial channel
- Motivate self and create a motivating environment to drive execution and make things happen
- Work autonomously and to be flexible to internal and external environmental changes and complexities
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with influence at a management level
- Build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Use technology as a tool across the supply chain for smarter decision-making
- Demonstrate high integrity
- Able and Willing to travel both in South Africa and internationally.
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Experience in the sub-tropical fruit / fresh produce industry is required.