Job Description :
This position has now been filled, don't miss out on the next one. Send us your CV and we will let you know when a suitable job becomes available.
A unique challenge has arisen for a Business Analyst, based with an established agribusiness in the fresh produce industry.
The role requires a combination of technological and business savvy to optimize information support to Operations and Production and will be based in Nelspruit.
The primary focus of the Business Analyst is to work with the Finance team, focusing on the development, expansion and maintenance of databases, as well as providing analysis and interpretation of information that can be developed and interpreted for the business and finance teams to offer technical, strategic and financial guidance to the various business heads within the company.
The incumbent will be responsible for all South African business analytics and report to the Head of Finance, South Africa.
Information integrity, responsible interpretation and analysis, along with exceptional communication are key and the incumbent will be required to meet objectives regarding information availability and quality to enable appropriate decision-making within the company.
Key Performance Areas:
- Development of tools, data collection processes and data management systems;
- Maintenance of current SQL databases;
- Maintenance of data integrity (0% error rate);
- Designing of queries, compiling of data, and generation of reports in MS Excel;
- Charting and graphing of data for reporting purposes;
- Data collection and entry as needed;
- Business analysis and problem solving for all channels within operations and finance;
- Data mining, data interpretation, problem solving and mapping of appropriate reporting
- Presentation of analyses in easily digestible standard reports;
- Responsible for guiding the leadership team in data interpretation.
- Bachelor Degree or related qualification in Finance, Logistics, Computer Science or IT Systems;
- Technical and practical knowledge of Advanced MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as Qlikview/Cliksense, SQL and VBA;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Data Warehouse reporting and query design;
- Related project management experience to achieve implementations and outputs;
- High attention to detail through perception and application;
- Exceptional communication through written reports and verbal presentation to all levels in the business;
- Strong time management skills, able to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently yet communicate well within a team;
- Innovative thinking and problem solving ability to address normal and unusual scenarios;
- Proven conceptual and process thinking to enhance current systems and gain optimal utilization;
- Must be able to travel and be away from home for extended periods of time (valid drivers’ license required).